To eliminate the chance that AntiVirus and AntiMalware will cause corruption or lock up your Sense Environment, or cause issues during an installation/upgrade/patch... You must create Qlik directory exceptions within your AV console.
Important: if the "C Drive" is not the default drive for these folders then make the necessary drive letter changes.
- Qlik Sense requires access to predetermined TCP and UDP ports to function. If anti-virus software prevents traffic on these ports, Qlik Sense may not function as expected.
- Qlik Sense constantly updates a number of log files and also relies on multiple config and binary files to function correctly. If these files and folders are being scanned by the anti-virus software, then this may cause upgrades/installation to fail, performance issues, inability to run exe files, data connections, or cause the services to fail.
This example is for Symantec. Perform the same changes using your own Antivirus and AntiMalware product. You may need to involve your IT dept if you cannot perform these steps.
1. In your bottom left corner click to expose your Symantec icon then double click to open it up.
2. Click Change Settings on the left. Then select Exceptions.
3. Select Add.
4. Choose Security Risk Exception\Folder
5. Browse to the directory where the install files are located. Check off Include sub folders.You will need to repeat steps 3 to 5 to add all Qlik directory, if they are in a different location than the default.
- %Program Files%\Qlik
- %Program Files%\Common Files\Qlik
- Also the Shared folder location
- REBOOT the server (it will not take effect until this happens). Verify that the AntiVirus is fully disabled or these directories are all excluded in your Antivirus program.
Important: if the "C Drive" is not the default drive for these folders then make the necessary drive letter changes. Ports to be excluded from Anti-Virus Monitoring / Blocking
Note: Qlik Support cannot provide support and services for any Qlik Servers in which performance issues, port issues, installation, patching, or upgrading problems occur if these directories are not made exempt for any and all Anti-Virus solution. It will be best-effort, as the exclusions of these directories is a prerequisite to Qlik software.