In order to eliminate the chance that Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware will cause corruption, lock up the Sense Environment, degrade in performance, or cause issues during an installation/upgrade/patching, Qlik directory exceptions/exclusions within any Anti-virus / Anti-Malware service must be configured.
Note: Qlik Support cannot provide support and services for any Qlik Servers in which performance issues, port issues, installation, patching, or upgrading problems occur if these directories are not made exempt for any and all Anti-Virus solution. It will be best-effort, as the exclusions of these directories is a prerequisite to Qlik software.Environment:
- Qlik Sense requires access to predetermined TCP and UDP ports to function. If anti-virus software prevents traffic on these ports, Qlik Sense may not function as expected.
- Qlik Sense constantly updates a number of log files and also relies on multiple config and binary files to function correctly. If these files and folders are being scanned by the anti-virus software, then this may cause upgrades/installation to fail, performance issues, inability to run exe files, data connections, or cause the services to fail. Important: if the "C Drive" is not the default drive for these folders then make the necessary drive letter changes.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, all versions
This example is for Symantec. Perform the same changes using any other Antivirus and Anti-Malware product present in the environment. A different respective IT department may need to be involved in performing and confirming these changes.
1. In your bottom left corner click to expose your Symantec icon then double click to open it up.
2. Click Change Settings on the left. Then select Exceptions.
3. Select Add.
4. Choose Security Risk Exception\Folder
5. Browse to the directory where the install files are located. Check off Include sub folders.Note:
Steps 3 to 5 need to be repeated to add all Qlik related directories when locations are different than the default. If the "C Drive" is not the default drive for these folders then make the necessary drive letter changes.
- %Program Files%\Qlik
- %Program Files%\Common Files\Qlik
- Also the Shared Root folder location. Note: It is not recommended to exclude the Static Content root folder listed under "QMC > Configure System > Service Cluster" as this is the target location for end user uploads.
- Make sure that the Antivirus doesn't block Qlik Sense from updating the keys in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\ , as this will block the system bootstrap. Check Users are unable to re-create certificates using the bootstrap command for details.
- REBOOT the server (it will not take effect until this happens). Verify that the Anti-Virus is fully disabled or these directories are all excluded in your Antivirus program.
Related Documentation found under help.qlik.com:Anti-virus software scanning affects performanceQlik Sense Folder And Files To Exclude From AntiVirus ScanningPorts to be excluded from Anti-Virus Monitoring / Blocking
- Make sure that the anti-virus is not blocking access to certificates stored in the following location and their private keys: Personal (Local Computer), Trusted Root Certification Authorities (Local Computer), Personal (Current User for the service account)