To upgrade to Qlik NPrinting 17.2.3 you must start from Qlik NPrinting 17.2.0 or 17.2.2.
Upgrading from any other version (including 17.2.1, 17.1.x and 17.0.x) is not supported, and the upgrade will be blocked by the installer.
You must also back up your data before proceeding.
Data could become damaged if a problem occurs during upgrading so it will be necessary to restore the repository from the backup. See Backup and restore of a repository.
Do the following:
1) Confirm that you have a current backup of the repository.
2) Open Windows Services.
3) Stop the following Qlik NPrinting services by right-clicking them, and then clicking Stop:
· QlikNPrinting Engine
· QlikNPrinting Scheduler
· QlikNPrinting WebEngine
· QlikNPrinting RepoService
4) Close Windows Services. Windows stops the services only after you close this program, so do not keep it open.
Proceed only when you are sure that all the services mentioned are stopped or the repository may be damaged. If any of these services are left running during upgrade, the upgrade can fail, and it might be necessary to restore data from backup.
6. Open the Windows Task Manager, then do the following:
a. Browse to the Processes tab.
b. Click on Show processes from all users to be sure to see all working processes.
c. If any of the following processes is running, terminate it by right clicking on it and choosing End process tree:
· Qlik.NPrinting.Cefsharp.exe. If you see more than one process with this name, select the one owned by the Windows user of the Qlik NPrinting services.
Proceed only when you are sure that all the processes mentioned are stopped or the repository
may be damaged. If any of these processes are left running during upgrade, the upgrade can fail,
and it might be necessary to restore data from backup.
6. Install Qlik NPrinting as described in Installing Qlik NPrinting
7. Check all Qlik NPrinting services are running after the upgrade is complete. It may be necessary to start them manually