QlikView 12.10 adds the concept of publisher groups and regular and dedicated tasks for load balancing purposes. A publisher group is a subset of a QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) cluster. Each publisher group is given a unique name, and the set of QDS nodes (one or more) can be configured. For more information, see Clustering QlikView Distribution Service
. The main features are:
- Adds configurations that allow for certain tasks to be designated to particular nodes within a QDS cluster to improve handling of resource-demanding tasks and utilize nodes of different sizes and capacity.
- Adds overload protection with a new Queued status for tasks that are not able to start due to overload. For a list of QlikView Management Service (QMC) task statuses, see Tasks.
- The QDS cluster must be setup and functional
- Stop QMS in Services Manager (Services.msc)
- Make a copy of DistributionGroupDefinition.Template in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\DistributionGroups
- Name it DistributionGroupDefinition.xml and configure, then save it.
- Restart the QMS service in Services Manager
Upon successful configuration, you will see Cluster Node Settings
and Distribution Groups
in QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@cluster > Advanced
After you enable the Publisher group, each task should have Distribution Group pulldown in General tab