Below is some useful guidance on hardware settings that may help improve overall performance of Qlik Sense environments.
For QlikView, see BIOS Settings For Best Performance On QlikView Server And QlikView Publisher
Please note that BIOS settings may differ by manufacturer and model. Review manuals and other online content for equivalents to information provided below.The following settings are recommended to set in BIOS for Qlik Sense:
The following hardware recommendations should be taken into consideration:
- Hyper-threading - for most 4-socked solutions having this Enabled is generally beneficial; otherwise it should usually be Disabled
- Power Management (Power Profile) - Max Performance (BIOS and Windows Setting)
- Node Interleaving - Enabled
- NUMA - Disabled. If NUMA can't be disabled (common in IBM servers) - see below.
- Hardware pre-fetch - Enabled, however there are diverse results of this and one should verify per setup
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology - Enabled
- Physical RAM - Evenly distributed over available slots (i.e. same amount of RAM per CPU) and populated in accordance with hardware manufacturer recommendations
Qlik Sense and QlikView has the same underlying data processing architecture. The above guidelines are inline with Qlik Scalability Center's "Quick tips #8 - Server Settings For Best Performance"
for QlikView Server deployments.