This article explains things to keep in mind when setting up/using shared persistence.Tips when using Shared Persistence:
- It is usually recommended to start Qlik Service Dispatcher service between other services to ensure smooth start of other services. Starting other services first usually cause Qlik Sense to be slower to be operational as it needs to wait for this service to finish its starting procedure.
- Read thoroughly Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2 release notes and "Qlik Sense Shared Persistence" document regarding known issues and limitations.Upgrade
- Make sure that no service is in disabled state or in use.
- It is better to stop all services before the upgrade to ensure no service get stuck in "stopping" state during the installation process
- Use database cleanup script if you upgrade from any version earlier than 2.2.4 (Follow article Database Cleanup Script For Qlik Sense Enterprise 2.x And 3.x
- If services do not start in the Windows Service console with the message "Service could not start in a timely fashion", try raising timeout for Windows Services (Follow article How to extend Windows default timeout of 30 seconds
- Ensure that the repository used for the password is correct before upgrading (Follow article: How to check if Qlik Sense repository password is correct with PgAdmin
More details regarding upgrade are available in the release notes.Backup:
- As for any version upgrade, it is always recommended to perform a backup before, please follow the procedure below for a backup: