User trying to make a data connection to a SharePoint list in QlikView/Qlik Sense. When trying to connect, user receives an error, "access is denied: the authentication has failed or has not been provided".
Problem: authentication error when connecting to SharePoint. Root Cause: Service account ID not being passed to zone.
Solution: change settings to allow UserID and Password to be passed.Allowing access to SharePoint data from QlikView/Qlik Sense –In order for QlikView/Qlik Sense to be able to connect to a SharePoint list using a URL, a local policy setting must be used. To add this local policy, perform the following steps on the QV publisher server(s) / QS Central Node (&Proxy RIMSs) –
- From run enter gpedit.msc and press <enter>
- Under Computer Configuration expand administrative templates
- Expand Windows Components
- Expand Internet Explorer
- Expand Internet Control Panel
- Highlight Security Page
- Under Security Page you will see Site To Zone Assignment List
- In the window on the right hand in the upper left corner you will see Edit policy setting. Click on what looks like a link. That will open up a window for the policy setting.
- Make sure the Enable radio button is selected.
- Click on the show button.
- This will open up a show contents window
- In the value name box key in domain you want to allow (SharePointsite).
- In the value box key in a “1”. This will set the domain to local Intranet. This will allow any account on the server to connect to the domain via a URL.
- Click Ok, then Click Ok again.
- Close the Local Policy Editor