The Service Account used by the QlikView services can be changed after an installation has been completed.Environment:
QlikView any version
QlikView using Windows AD Groups for Service Communication
- The new account needs to be a member of the local administrators group, as well as the QlikView administrators group.
- This account will also need access to any LDAP and Active Directory matching the previous account if no secondary account is configured in the Directory Service Connector connection.
To change or update the service account associated with your QlikView and each of its services, follow these steps:
- Stop all QlikView Services through the Windows Services Console.
- Update the the account information of each service in the Windows Services Console:
On all available services, navigate to Properties > Log On and change the account information there.
- Reloads of QVWs that are using Section Access, where a service account name is specified, need to updated in their individual tasks. The setting is located in the Documents / Source Documents list > Reload tab.
- If Microsoft IIS is used (QlikView Settings Service), the Application Pool Identity in IIS needs to be edited as well.
- Open IIS
- Select Application Pools
- Select QlikView IIS
- Select Advanced Settings > Identity and set the custom account to the new account.
- Restart the Application Pool
- Update the saved account for any System DSN ODBC connections that you may be using.
- Make sure that you restart all QlikView Services or reboot the machine for the changes to be in effect.