Binary load in QlikView or Qlik Sense fails with general script error, without any further error code.
Reload log will have the below output.
General Script Error
There are four main requirements for a successful binary load;
- Binary load must be the first statement in the load script
- Only one binary load statement per script
- The source QVW or QVF file must be available during the entire binary load
- The reloading user must have access to read the source QVW or QVF file
Common scenarios when the requirement is not fulfilled;
- Binary load is not the first command line in the script
It is a requirement that binary load is the first executable command in the load script. See below online help references:
Qlik Sense: Binary Load
QlikView: Binary Load
- Source application is Section Access protected
The reloading user must be allowed to access and open the file being targeted in the binary load. This means that the QlikView or Qlik Sense service user must be included in the Section Access table.
- Source QVW is updated by an other task during binary load
No other task can update the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file during the binary load.
- Source QVW is locked by 3rd party process, like anti-virus or backup
No other software can lock the the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file during the binary load.
- Source QVW is located on a file share, and file share access is interrupted by network problem
Any file share hosting the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file must be available during the binary load.
QlikView April 2019: "General Script Error" when Binary reload a qvf for a bug affecting QlikView April 2019 IR
Qlik Sense September 2018 and higher: "General Script Error" when Binary reload a qvf for the same bug affecting Qlik Sense September 2018 and higher