Customer need Email Notification when failing tasks in Qlik Sense
There is no UI function in QMC in the current Qlik Sense product. However, there are other solutions availble:1. Using SmtpAppender in log4net to send mail on failing tasks
Please see Qlik Sense Developer Help Example: SmtpAppender
To configure Qlik Sense to use an appender, a configuration file, LocalLogConfig.xml must be created in the %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\<service> folder.
In attached example the SmtpAppender will be used to send an email through Gmail, whenever a task may fail.
- Create the file LocalLogConfig.xml in %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Scheduler (as it is the scheduler we want to monitor in this example)
- Add code from the manual link into LocalLogConfig.xml
* NOTE: Attached example has been tested, how to implementing in different environment can be different. If customer/partner has mail server issue which will beyond our product support scope.
2. Use a 3rd party developed tool
such as: Qlik Notification Connector (used for QlikView and Qlik Sense)https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Data-Source-Connectors/Notification-Connector.htm
(Note: The Notification Connector, may not be suitable for all use cases as it is more aimed for sending alerts during the reload process
and if you are wanting to catch an error you would have to implement error handling in all load scripts.)
3. Below are several solutions offered via *Branch.Qlik.com:
Qliksense Automated Task Failure Email Alerts
Butler for Qlik Sense
*Branch products are developed independently from Qlik and not covered under the Qlik support umbrella. Any issues with these addons are reported directly to the developer as listed on their Qlik Branch page