The following Error message indicating file corruption or app not found when opening app in Qlik Sense Hub or Qlik Sense Desktop. However, no error may be seen and the browser may remain on loading status (a.k.a bubble screen).An error occurred
The app file you are attempting to load from is corrupt
Qlik Sense Enterprise all versions
Improvements have been made in Qlik Sense 3.x.x and later. Issues related to corruptions in newer to latest releases seem mostly related to problems with individual Apps. To minimize the issue, please try:
1. Go to load script editor, run load script before you close the app in HUB
2. Log Off Hub or Close Qlik Sense tabs when you do not use them
3. Keep regular backup for your application to export small .qvf before loading the data
On single node: Try find the app in HUB, do right click on the app and select "Open without data"
Otherwise, try to identify the app and start by opening it in Sense Desktop.1. Check QMC-> Apps-> Select "ID" from Column Selector to make sure you have correct App ID for the corrupted file
2. Then find out the app from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps (for Synchronized Persistence) or \\<File shared server>\<File Shared folder>\Apps (for Shared Persistence which is the only option on Qlik Sense 3.2.4 and newer) as default, make sure the both app IDs are matched.
3. Copy it and rename it with .qvf file extension.
4. Copy in Qlik Sense Desktop and right click to select "Open without data"
5. Removed 3rd party extensions.
5. Reload to see if this can bring back the application
Below detailed information may help us to do further investigation:
- Turn off the failing node
- Process the same as single node
- Try opening the application without data, reload app again.
- Sense specific information
- Single node/multi node
- Server specific information
- Log files (verbosity High)
- Send in corrupt version
- Send in the OK app (if running multinode send the app from another node, both export from QMC and by copying it from disk, when services are stopped).
- When was the application last used (System and Audit logs, Open Doc function)
- Scenario (what could have caused the corruption)
- Service start/stop
- Memory consumption on the server?
- New applications added?
- Keep a Journal, document