NPrinting: Runtime error 217 at 038856AD when installing NPrinting
Article Number: 000006026 | Last Modified: 2019/10/29
When installing NPrinting you may run into an error "Runtime error 217 at 038856AD".
This error maybe a related to any or all of the following:
- The setup file has been damaged. Kindly, download the NPrinting setup file again.
- Run the setup file as administrator (right click on the setup file and choose "Run as administrator").
- Lack of RAM. NPrinting needs at least 1GB of RAM. Verify you have enough RAM on the machine where you are installing NPrinting
- The runtime error message may be due to an outdated version of a .dll file. Run Windows Update to update your machine.
- Runtime error 217 may occur if the file MS DCOM on the system is outdated. You can fix the problem by updating your system or downloading an update for the MS DCOM file from Microsoft.