During installation or de-clustering, an incorrect or obsolete QlikView Distribution Service Identifier may need to be removed manually by editing the Repository Database.
The following may indicate that an incorrect QDSID is recorded in the QVPR:
- Error "An unhandled error occurred. Validation of QDSSettings object failed: QDSGeneral.ClusterInfo must contain at least one item" is shown when attempting to commit changes
- Cannot commit changes to the QlikView Server node in the Management Console
- Error "Error Failed to load because item ID XXX does not exist" is seen when attempting to save changes in the Management Console
QlikView 11.20 SR15 and up
QlikView 11.20 SR14 and below
The instructions below require manual changes of the QlikView Repository Database. Not to be carried out by anyone but Support.
Four .xml files (or 3 tables in an SQL QVPR) need to be edited.
Location of files: c:\programdata\qliktech\ManagementService\QVPR
- Check for the correct Distribution Service ID in "DistributionService.xml"
Example: <DistributionService XSWebAdress="http://HOSTNAME:4720/QDS/Service" ID="46eaf79e-1ba2-42dc-ac69-4bc4672ed765"
- Stop the Management Service and Distribution Service
- Create a Backup of the following:
- Remove the obsolete entry from "DistributionService.xml"
- Replace all incorrect QDSID entries in the remaining 3 files where applicable
- Start the QlikView Distribution Service and Management Service
NOTE: If there are 2 machines in QMC, you might have conflicts in QVSCluster.xml file, even you rename and recreate QVPR it might not help in this situation, so try below:
1. Stop all QV services.
2. Delete the ‘QVSCluster QlikviewServerID…’ row(s) in QVSCluster.xml file in QVPR folder.
3. Restart the services.
4. Go to QMC> System> Setup and add the Servers ‘QVS@<servername01>’ and ‘QVS@<servername02>’ again manually.