- QlikView 11.20
- SQL Server 2008 or 2012
- OLE DB SQL Native Client 10 or 11
Username and password is prompted every time a reload is triggered regardless if “Allow saving password" was checked during the data link connection process.
Please note this is not a QlikView issue, but database and driver issue as described in Microsoft bug specified in this link: Data-Link Dialog does not allow SQL Authenication.
There are two workarounds for this issue.
1) Use Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server instead of SQL Server Native Client
2) Modify manually the connection string generated using SQL Server Native Client as follows:
- Create a connection using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server.
- At the end of the connection string copy the Xpassword option into a notepad or clipboard.
- Create a connection using SQL Server Native Client
- Search and remove the following string:
- At the end of the connection string add password credentials from previous copy.