The QlikView Management Service (QMC) is unable to connect to the QlikView Server (QVS) service.
The Management Console displays:
Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. ID:
QlikView Management Service log reads:
Error System.Exception: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. ID:
Warning CheckLefForExpireDate exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
QMS unable to communicate with the QVS service in order to set the license.
The possible causes of this issue are:
1. The service account is not a member of the local Administrators and/or the QlikView Administrators security groups and/or the account is added into the group but is not reflected in the Operating System yet.
- On initial installations of QlikView, it is important to reboot the server(s) in order to properly set the security groups.
2. The service account used does not have the required permissions to let the services communicate.
- If a domain account is used:
- Create a local account
- Add it to the QlikView Administrators and local Administrators group.
- Change the service account used
- If a local account is used:
- Change the currently used service account to Local System
2. The Application Data folder (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech) may have some corrupted files or security related issues.
3. The server does not have a static IP address.
4. The QlikView Server service TCP port 4747 may be blocked. This can happen in single server as well as distributed implementations, be sure to confirm firewall settings on the server(s) allow communication between the services over the port.