QlikView desktop client fails to run with a error message referring to GDI+ (gdiplus.dll).
For example the error message can look like;
Faulting application name: Qv.exe, version: 11.0.11282.0, time stamp: 0x4f85c52a
Faulting module name: gdiplus.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17825, time stamp: 0x4f9242bf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ecb60
Faulting process id: 0x4e04
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce57a534389d0c
Faulting application path: C:\PROGRA~1\QlikView\Qv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.17825_none_2b253c8271ec7765\gdiplus.dll
The Graphics Device Interface (GDI) is a Microsoft Windows application programming interface and core operating system component responsible for representing graphical objects and transmitting them to output devices such as monitors and printers.
QlikView utilizes the GDI+ interface for rendering objects int he desktop client, and if the DLL is corrupt or broken the client will not be able to run.
If the issue is caused by a DLL violation it can be resolved by a system repair.Identify system integrity violation
Windows system repair
- Run Windows Command Prompt as Administrator
- Go to Windows > Start > All Programs > Accessories
- Right click on Command Prompt
- Select Run as Administrator
- Run the prompt command: sfc /scannow
- If the scan indicates violations, please proceed to system repair below.
- Insert the Windows DVD
- Restart the computer
- Boot operating system from the DVD
- In the Windows installer select to 'Repair your computer'
- Select the installed partition to repair