Enabling the Qlikview Mobile Offline Mode for QlikView requires a few manual configuration steps to be performed.
- QlikView Server version 11.00 SR2 + installed
- For software and hardware requirements specific to installation of the QlikView base server, please refer to help.qlik.com
- Offline service is to be installed on the same node as the Access Point.
- Offline service is only available for x64 servers. There are currently no plans for 32-bit support.
- Administrator access to the node where installation is required.
1. Download the offline service installer (QlikViewOfflineService.exe) from our download site at www.qlikview.com
for your specific version.
2. Run the Offline Service installation as an administrator by right-clicking it and choosing the "Run as administrator" option.
NOTE: If you get the following message, you do not have the right version of Qlikview Server installed.
3. When prompted for a username and password to be used for the service, use the same account (or with same privileges) that
was used for the Qlikview Server installation.
4. If you are using Qlikview with IIS, ensure that Windows Authentication is enabled for Authenticate.aspx file (\Program
Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax). Also make sure that "Anonymous Authentication" is disabled.
5. If prompted, restart the server.
6. You also have to set an attribute to the documents here "QMC > User Documents > (document) > Attributes" that you want to use Offline. Attribute "Offline" = "True"
If you don't set this attribute you will not be able to download and use the document offline.
NOTE: If the user is logged in, the user would need to close the session and login in again for the settings to have effect.