Save Layout option and Pivot table layout using Bookmarks
Article Number: 000002892 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
From version 11 SR1 Update 2 onwards, Pivot table layout will also be stored in a bookmark - if the user selects the Save Layout option. There are some general rules regarding Save Layout below
- When using ‘Save Layout’ option with a bookmark, QlikView preserves the layout of the currently active tab [SHEET] within a document. This is true for the pivot table enhancement – only pivot tables on the current tab are preserved with the bookmark. Pivot tables on multiple tabs of the same document with alternate layouts will require multiple bookmarks
- Multiple pivot tables on one sheet will be preserved within one bookmark
- The pivot table layout is only preserved if the option ‘Save Layout’ is checked when creating the bookmark
- There is no ‘reset’ option for the pivot table layout, again in line with the way that our current ‘Save Layout’ logic works. If this is required a suggested workaround is to create a document bookmark (available to all users) in the document clear state with the original layout of the pivot table(s).
- When created via a server client, the pivot table layout is stored in the .SHARED file along with the other bookmark information. Initial (limited) tests show that preserving this information with the bookmark does not increase the size of the SHARED file more than 20-40KB (per bookmark).
- Existing bookmarks that have preserved layout but have no pivot table information inside them can still be applied to the document without any side effect. No pivot table layout update will occur.
- When a bookmark that has no layout preserved is applied to the document, no change to the pivot table layout will occur
- Pivot table column positions are not saved in the bookmark! (Document Bug QVII-252. Include Layout State preserves the column positions in both 11.20 and v12)