In the QlikView Server Events log, you may see the error "No/some mapping between account names and security IDs was done" you may try this solution.
- "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done" is a log entry
- Users having trouble assigning document CALs
- "Existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
QlikView objects may be owned by users that are no longer present in the Active Directory. Best Practice would be to change the objects ownership to QlikView Admin or to other users that are present in Active Directory.
- Stop your QlikView Server service
- Locate settings.ini found in %ProgramFiles%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer
- Add the following setting to the [Settings 7] section in the settings.ini file:
- Restart QlikView Server service
By setting TranslateNameDisabled=1, usernames may show up in the format "DOMAIN\USER" rather than "Firstname Lastname" in the GUI.
Ensure that the setting is added under the [Settings 7] section and not under [Authentication] section. If the setting is added under the [Authentication] section, the setting will not be read.
- Using a clean .shared file also resolves issue