When a user belongs to many Active Directory groups, the hub is slow or an "Internal Server Error" occursArticle Number: 000028582 | Last Modified: 2020/02/17
This article applies to Qlik Sense version prior to February 2018. For issues with later versions that present themselves with similar symptoms, please contact Qlik Support.
Qlik Sense Hub loads slowly (20+ seconds) for users with large number of Windows Active Directory Groups or with very complex AD profiles, whether the site has many apps or not.
Examination of the network traffic / HAR files may show the api/hub/v0/apps request takes the longest to complete.
Sometimes an "Internal Server Error" occurs, such as when the delay is 90+ seconds.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, up to the February 2018 release
- User is synchronized with Active Directory (Header Authentication or Windows Authentication applies)
- User has a moderate to large number of attributes / groups
RepositoryFiltering, instead, pulls a listing of all apps from the PostgreSQL database, then the Repository itself does the computation to see what apps a given user should see.
EntityFrameworkFiltering is the ideal setting to be used used when a site has many apps. However, if the issue happens, is still worth trying the other setting.
RepositoryFiltering is the ideal setting when a site does not have many apps.
1. Stop all Sense services for all nodes.
2. Look for the Repository.exe.config file in all applicable nodes: %ProgramFiles%\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Repository.exe.config
3. Look for the key ReadAccessControlMode...
<add key="ReadAccessControlMode" value="EntityFrameworkFiltering" />
<add key="ReadAccessControlMode" value="RepositoryFiltering" />
4. Restart Sense services for all nodes.
Upgrade to the February 2018 release.
Information provided on this defect is given as is at the time of documenting. For up to date information, please review the most recent Release Notes, or contact support at (support.qlik.com) with the ID QLIK-72412 for reference.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.