Only applicable in QlikView 11.20 and 12.00.
When there's more than 70+ tasks setup they will not run (either manually or automatically).
Another symptom is if the 'Last Executed' and 'Started/Scheduled' fields suddenly show blank in the QMC and they have previously populated.
Possible errors associated with the issue:
- workorderResult.ErrorMessage = "(Trying to send workorder - SendSaveAllTasks) Failed to contact distributionservice at " + clusterMember.QDSWebAddress.ToString();
- workorderResult.ErrorMessage = "Failed to contact distributionservice at " + clusterMember.QDSWebAddress.ToString();
- workorderResult.ErrorMessage = "(Exception - GetWSForUrl - SendSaveConfiguration)Failed to contact distributionservice at " + clusterMember.QDSWebAddress.ToString();
Default location of the log file: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log
This is usually due to a communication issue between the Qlikview Management Service and the Qlikview Distribution Service.
The most likely scenario from QlikView side is that the QDS notifications from QMS have passed the default limitations. As by default, tasks will be sent in "chunks" of 100, timing issues can occur when the workorder including the task list is sent back and forth between the Management Service and Distribution Service.
The solution is to change the "chunk" size to a lower number.
- Stop the QlikView Distribution Service and QlikView Management Service
- Open the QVManagementService.exe.config file stored in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\
- Locate <add key="QMSChunkSize" value="100"/>
- Adjust to <add key="QMSChunkSize" value="50"/>
- The value 50 is not a fixed value. It may be necessary to test different values, such as 20,15,10, 5, etc, dependent on the system and environment. 3- Restart the QDS service.
- Start the QlikView Distribution Service and QlikView Management Service
Scaling the QlikView PublisherThe QlikView Management Console displays “Cluster is down” and the status of all tasks is listed as “Unrunnable”Some distribution tasks not starting with 'error (413) Request Entity Too Large' in QlikView Management Service Log