Server Hardware Whitelist From Qlik Scalability CenterArticle Number: 000003025 | Last Modified: 2019/04/25
Common considerations are;
- Amount of data in deployed applications
- Number of simultaneous users
- Application design, i.e. memory needed for calculations
Qlik's Scalability Center is carrying out and collating benchmark tests that compare different hardware configurations, product versions as well as several different use cases. The results indicate which configurations are more favorable than other in Qlik deployments.
The benchmark tests are done using the Qlik's Benchmark Tool which is publicly available. Customers and partners are encouraged to download it and use it to test their servers to ensure that performance is optimal. By sending the benchmark results to Qlik Scalability Center the whitelist can be enhanced and kept up to date.
For more detail about the bench marking please see Qlik Scalability Centers documentation on Qlik Community: QlikView 12 Hardware Benchmarking Package.
Please see the attached PDF (accessible when logged in) for all details or access it here.
See the "top performing processors" that are considered to perform well for QlikView and Qlik Sense deployments below.
The list is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as a recommendation or endorsement of any particular hardware or system, or otherwise be solely relied upon for the selection of any server or processor to use with the Qlik products.
Servers used for validation
Note: Similarly configured servers from other leading manufacturers are expected to provide the same level of performance
|Intel Xeon Scalable Processors (*)||
• Gold 51xx
• Gold 61xx
• Dell PowerEdge R640 (2 x Silver 4116)
• Dell PowerEdge R640 (2 x Gold 6126)
• Dell PowerEdge R640 (2 x Gold 6140)
• Dell PowerEdge R640 (2 x Gold 6146)
• HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 Beta (2 x Platinum 8170)
|The Silver, Gold 51xx and Gold 61xx series can all be used in two-socket configurations. Platinum 8160 and above can be used in two-socket configurations.|
|Intel Xeon E7 v4||
• E7-8867 v4
• E7-8890 v4
• E7-8891 v4
• Dell PowerEdge R930 (4 x E7-8867v4)
• Dell PowerEdge R930 (4 x E7-8890v4)
• Dell PowerEdge R930 (4 x E7-8891v4)
|Intel Xeon E5 v4||
• E5-2640 v4
• E5-2687W v4
• E5-2697A v4
• E5-2699 v4
• Dell PowerEdge R430 (2 x E5-2640 v4)
• Dell PowerEdge R630 (2 x E5-2687W v4)
• Dell PowerEdge R630 (2 x E5-2697A v4)
• Dell PowerEdge R630 (2 x E5-2699 v4)
|Intel Xeon E7 v3||
• E7-8880 v3
• E7-8891 v3
• Dell PowerEdge R930 (4 x E7-8880v3)
• Dell PowerEdge R930 (4 x E7-8891v3)
|Intel Xeon E5 v3||
• E5-2690 v3
• E5-2697 v3
• E5-2699 v3
• E5-2687W v3
• Huawei RH2288HV3 (2 x E5-2690 v3)
• HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 (2 x E5-2697 v3)
• Dell PowerEdge R630 (2 x E5-2699 v3)
• Dell PowerEdge R630 (2 x E5-2687W v3)
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.