The QlikView Server allows for Max concurrent reloads
to be configured in the QlikView Server Settings, even though a Publisher is licensed in the environment.
This can lead to either an error banner showing ReloadEngine@SERVERNAME is down
(see article ReloadEngine@SERVERNAME is down displayed in the QlikView Management Console after an upgrade
) or to the Max Concurrent Reloads
being configurable in the incorrect service tab.Environment:
It is possible to remove the extra Reload Engine and to connect the QlikView Server to the correct Publisher / Distribution Service.
<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services -->
- Stop the QlikView Management Service service via Windows Services applet
- Navigate to the configuration file for the QlikView Management Service, by default located in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config
- Locate the value:
<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>
- Change it from "false" to "true" in the value= area
- Save the file in its original location
- Restart the QlikView Management Service service
- In the QMC, navigate to System -> Setup -> Distribution Services
- Locate the "ReloadEngine@SERVERNAME" reference in the Reload Engines area and delete it.
This should remove the Max Concurrent Reload configuration option from the QlikView Server settings.