QlikView Management Console shows incorrect information about the status of tasksArticle Number: 000027270 | Last Modified: 2019/05/10
The QlikView Management Console (QMC) shows incorrect task status information. Some tasks are stuck in running. Schedules do not seem to be executed. But in the backend, all tasks carry out as expected.
Among the other symptoms that can be experienced:
- completed tasks are still shown as running
- no timestamps about executions are shown
- it might not even possible to start/stop executing tasks using the QMC's play/stop buttons
Additional errors and behaviour patterns can be found in article number 000003187 Task Won't Run in Publisher - Adjust Chunk Size
- QlikView 11 and 12
The most likely scenario from QlikView side is that the QDS notifications from QMS have passed the default limitations. As by default, tasks will be sent in "chunks" of 100, timing issues can occur when the workorder including the task list is sent back and forth between the Management Service and Distribution Service.
- Stop the QlikView Management Service Console
- Stop the Distribution Service
- Terminate any still running QVB.exe
- Start the services.
If the status problems remain:
Modify ChunkSize and MaxReceivedMessageSize
As a first edit the ChunkSize in the QlikView Management Service config file, which can be found under C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config
1- Launch Notepad (or any other text editor) as an Administrator and edit the file.
2- Adjust the QMSChunkSize from 100 to 20
- <add key="QMSChunkSize" value="20"/> .
- The value 20 is not a set value. It may be necessary to test different values, such as 75, 50,15,10, 5, etc, dependent on the system and environment.
3- Restart the QMS service.
This solves the problem in most the cases. If it still does not, it might be also necessary to change an additional setting:
|Insert <add key="MaxReceivedMessageSize" value="26214400"/> entry to the QVManagementService.exe.config file, located in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.