QlikView Distribution Service Can Not Be Started And Error "1067: Process terminated unexpectedly"Article Number: 000005283 | Last Modified: 2020/01/20
The service must have sufficient permissions in Publisher Application Data Folder: "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService". Exception=System.Exception: Could not start: CouldNotStartQVB at QDSMain.MainClass.Run()
The service must have sufficient permissions in Publisher Application Data Folder: "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService".
Exception=System.NullReferenceExceptions: Object referenced not set to an instance of an object
The popup message seen will be similar to the below:
The issue persists even after validating permissions to the the Application Data folder path used.
- QlikView 11 and 12
- missing registry keys
- missing GUID
- incorrect COM control permissions.
- conflicting Application Data Folder or Notification files location for the different clusters
Error 1067: The Process Terminated Unexpectedly - QlikView Distribution Server (Alternative solution to article 000005283)
Common causes: Error 1067 and unable to start the QlikView Distribution Service
- Open windows file explorer
- Locate qvb.exe, default location C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\
- Double click on qvb.exe to create the necessary Windows registry keys and GUID.
- Restart machine to make sure registry changes are properly applied
B. If the QlikView Distribution Service still cannot be started, check and manually configure the permissions for the COM control.
- Run "DCOMCNFG.EXE"
- Expand the Console Root => Component Services => Computers => My Computer => DCOM Config
- Locate "QlikViewBatch 7.0 Application", right click and choose properties
- Select the "Security" tab, then "Customize" on the "Launch and Activation Permissions", and then press "Edit"
- Add the account that needs launch permissions (the service account running the QlikView Distribution Service)
- Check the options "Local Launch", "Remote Launch", "Local Activation", and "Remote Activation"
- Save and try starting the QlikView Distribution Service
- If it still fails, repeat steps 4-7 for the "Access Permissions" and "Configuration Permissions" sections on the "Security" tab
C. If the second error above is seen and there are multiple QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) clusters, this could be due to conflicting Application Data Folder location for the different clusters. Each QDS cluster must use a separate Application Data Folder location. If the Notifications files location has been modified in the QVDistributionService.exe.config file it also needs its own separate location.
D. If distribution service is still not starting. Please run Qlikview server repair process and see what are the results.
NOTE: If performing the above and rebooting does not fix the issue, please refer to Article 000003049 as these additional steps will resolve the problem.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.