Qlik Sense Installation successful but Qlik Sense Managenent Console shows "This page cannot be displayed" or "This site cannot be reached"
Article Number: 000007269 | Last Modified: 2019/05/23
The Qlik Sense Installation was successful, but QMC or Hub do not open. Web browser shows This page cannot be displayed or This site cannot be reached.
- Qlik Sense Services are installed
- Qlik Sense Service are started according to the Windows services interface
- When opening the the QMC or Hub, you see the following error message:
- Internet Explorer: "This page can't be displayed"
- Chrome: "This site cannot be reached"
- Access is not possible using the hostname, localhost or the IP address
- Even direct access from the server itself is not possible
These symptoms potentially mean that the proxy service has been unable to start successfully.
Verify the Qlik Sense Proxy service status by reviewing the proxy_system log file found in %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Logs\Proxy\Trace
The log will provide more information on why the proxy service is unable to start correctly, indicating issues with ERROR or WARN lines.
The proxy service may not be able to connect to the repository service. It needs to do this to retrieve its settings, so the next step is to confirm that service is running correctly.
Verify the Qlik Sense Proxy service status by reviewing the repository_system log file found in %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Logs\Repository\Trace
The log will provide more information on why the proxy service is unable to start correctly, indicating issues with ERROR or WARN lines, especially ones that are followed by lines indicating the service has shut down.
The errors or warnings printed can then be cross referenced with further articles available. Should this not lead to a resolution to the problem, contact support at support.qlik.com.