The Qlik Sense HUB, Management Console or Data editors show symbols instead of menu icons.
- Users are viewing Qlik Sense Apps from Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Cloud
- Icons are displayed as letters and symbols:
- Normally they should look like this:
Internet Explorer settings are causing icons to be displayed differently and custom fonts to be blocked.
See this link:
Also...There are three possible solutions:
Solution 1: Add the hub site as a trusted site in Windows Internet Explorer
See our Online Help
Solution 2: Uncheck "Ignore font styles specified on webpages" if it's checked in Internet Options.
- Open the Windows Internet Explorer Internet options.
- Select the General tab.
- Click on Accessibility.
- Uncheck Ignore font styles specified on webpages checkbox.
NOTE: Please uncheck "Ignore colors" and "Ignore font sizes" if they are checked.
- Click OK twice.
- Refresh the browser window.
Solution 3: Enable "Font download" in Internet Option
Solution 4: It is possible this could be cause by a VizLib extension, refer to this article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000008137
See details in the article: Qlik Sense displays abnormal symbols display in IE