Collaborate with over 60,000 Qlik technologists and members around the world to get answers to your questions, and maximize success.Join Us
Fatal exception This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
Qlik Sense is not FIPS compliant with and will probably not be.
Microsoft doesn't recommend to use the FIPS compliance check in Windows. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/secguide/2014/04/07/why-were-not-recommending-fips-mode-anymore/
Check if FIPS has been enabled in Local Policy Security Setting through below steps:
Note: Local policies may be enforced using Group Policy Objects configured in your network. If unsure, verify whether the policy is being enforced in your network if you are unable to change this policy. A few places can be checked: http://www.howtogeek.com/245859/why-you-shouldnt-enable-fips-compliant-encryption-on-windows/
If the customer needs to run the system with FIPS check enabled in Windows we have two options:
Running Qlik Sense on Windows systems with FIPS compliance enabled
1. Install central node select to not start services
2. Change configuration files as described in section below
3. Install the rim node select not to start the services
4. Change the configuration files as described in section below
5. Start the services on the rim node
6. Register the node in the QMC (occasionally in my test I had to select the node from the overview page and press the button “Redistribute” to get the password to unlock the certificates)
7. Unlock certificates
Add to the <configuration>, <runtime> section of the configuration files below the parameter <enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="false"/>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<add key="SenseHome" value=""/>
<startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2"/></startup>
<assemblyIdentity name="log4net" publicKeyToken="669e0ddf0bb1aa2a" culture="neutral"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-18.104.22.168" newVersion="22.214.171.124"/>
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.