Monitoring Apps Troubleshooting ToolArticle Number: 000060688 | Last Modified: 2018/12/18
This tool accomplishes three main tasks:
• Old Data connections used by the Monitoring Apps will be renamed e.g. monitor_apps_REST_app > monitor_apps_REST_app-old etc.
• The Operations Monitor and License Monitor will be imported to recreate the data connections named Operations Monitor-New etc. (they can also be used to test if the issue was with the currently published apps)
• The Data Connections will be modified to use certificate authorization instead of Windows Authentication (This will create a password protected Certificate at [ProgramData]\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Certificates using the name of the Central Node)
• Qlik Sense June 2017 and later
• Monitor App Failed To Reload w QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0"
• QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 403
• QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: Default app reload fails in multinode environment
• Reload of Monitoring Apps fails with Error: Connector connect error: Parameter "xxxxxx" has no value, or a misplaced semicolon
It can also be used in scenarios where Kerberos Authentication is used on the central node proxy where typically this prevents the monitoring apps from reloading
• Tool should be ran on the Central Node
• Tool should be ran as the Service Account
Note: It does rely on being ran by an account that has a Qlik Client cert imported if Service Account cannot be used
The tool can be download from Github HERE
This tool is provided free of charge and is not supported. fix_monitor_apps.ps1 is not an official Qlik product and is provided without warranty. Use of this script is entirely at the user's own risk.
Nothing is deleted by running this script only renamed. If you would like to revert back prior to running the script, just swap the Data connections back in the QMC (they have -old appended to them).
As an extra precaution, make sure to backup your site.
Additional considerations: In multi-node environments where the central node does not perform reloads, the certificate generated will have to be moved to the corresponding folders on the other nodes: By Default, [ProgramData]\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Certificates\Central Node Name (keep the folder name the same)
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.