- Java 1.7 to 1.10 installed (64-bit version if running 64-bit operating system). JRE 11 is only supported from the November 2018 release forward but requires extra configuration and one will need to refer to the install guide.
- Qlik GeoAnalytics Data package, for download instructions see Download links for Qlik GeoAnalytics Data Packages
Qlik GeoAnalytics Server is delivered as an exe package. To install do the following:
- Run QlikGeoAnalyticsServerSetup-x.x.x.exe
- Accept the license agreement
- Leave port to default or change as needed
if port is changed GaRouteService.xml must be altered, see Qlik GeoAnalytics Data Package installation
Make sure to open the port in Windows Firewall
- Set an admin password for the db and API
This can later be altered in C:\ProgramData\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\config.ini
- Press Next> and Install to finish the installation
- Once installed open a browser and go to http(s)://localhost:<port>/ravegeo/admin
- Login using 'admin' (lower case) and the password set during installation
- In the left pane select License Administration
- Input your LEF details and Control number (instructions on how obtain LEF details, see How to request a control number and LEF)
- Please note, to be completely on-premise QGA Enterprise Bundle is required. The LEF must have the property GEO_SERVER;YES;; (The customer will get an error creating a Custom connection using GA connector from Sense or QlikView if property is not in the LEF)
LEF details will be stored in C:\ProgramData\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\server3\config\IdevioLicenses.lef
- On successful licensing the licensed modules will be visible in the bottom left pane
Qlik GeoAnalytics Data Package installation
- Extract the downloaded data package to a location accessible by the Qlik GeoAnalytics server
The account Local Service must have access to the location
- In a browser, open Qlik GeoAnalytics Server Administration (http(s)://localhost:<port>/ravegeo/admin)
- Go to Service Administration
- Select Add Services and browse to the location of the extracted data package
- Select the services.xml file and press Load
- Now check ENABLED on all the added services
If a service turns red, please uncheck it and recheck it again
if you get an error "Not enough memory" you need to increase the memory pool for Qlik GeoAnalytics using Windows Start > Qlik GeoAnalytics Server >Configure Service (C:\Program Files\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\GeoAnalyticsServerw.exe). For more information see How do I configure available memory for Qlik GeoAnalytics Server?
Change GaRouteService.xml to reflect port change
If the default port has been altered during installation, GaRouteService.xml must be updated to reflect the change
- Locate GaRouteService.xml found in <Data Package folder>\OMSRouteXXXXXX
- Edit the file and update the moduleUrl to include the port selected during installation above, i.e. moduleUrl="http://localhost:8080/ravegeo/route2/"
- Save the file
Once all services are enabled verify the installation by doing the following:
- In Qlik GeoAnalytics Server Administration select WebMap5 Module 6.1 in the left pane
- Click Diagnostic Pages at the bottom left.
- NOTE: If the Diagnostics page does not react to the mouse click, in Internet Explorer turn off Enhanced Security for the browser as it is blocking the Java command.
- In the right pane, click Go to Diagnostics Pages link for the "default" name
- Installation: C:\Program Files\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server
- Server properties console: C:\Program Files\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\GeoAnalyticsServerw.exe
- Server settings: C:\ProgramData\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\config.ini
- Lef details: C:\ProgramData\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\server3\config\IdevioLicenses.lef
- C:\ProgramData\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\server3\logs
See also attached "Qlik GeoAnalytics Local Server Installation Instructions for Qlik Sense.docx".