Sometimes the QlikView Publisher Repository (QVPR) needs to be re-located to serve infrastructure needs. This article will describe how to perform this move. Note that the example is based on the scenario where the QVPR is in XML format (default behavior).
About the QVPR
The QVPR database is the collected repository for settings for services like QlikView Management Service (QMS), QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) and Directory Service Connector (DSC), and also holds information about tasks, triggers, source and user documents, distributions, external tasks, supporting tasks and so on.
QlikView any version
PLEASE NOTE: Moving the Management Service Folder as detailed in this procedure is not recommended, as it adds a level of complexity that might compromise the stability of the service.
In particular, we cannot guarantee that any update will not modify the content of the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\ folder, and of the QVManagementService.exe.config file therein contained.
You might need to apply these changes again after each update.
Moving the QVPR database from its default location where the QMS is located, and place it on a Windows share on a network. To move the QVPR, the whole application data folder for QMS needs to be re-located.
- Stop the QlikView Management Service via the Windows Services console.
- Locate the QMS application data folder on the server that hosts the QMS service. The default location is %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService
- Create the new folder or share for the QMS application data, for example \\server.domain.local\my-share\ManagementService. Note: Make sure that the service account running the QMS service has the appropriate Read/Write permissions on this folder or share. If the service account for some reason does not have these permissions, unexpected behavior in your QlikView environment might occur.
- Move or copy all the contents of the old folder to the new one.
- Locate the configuration file for QMS in the Program Files folder, %Program Files%\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config, and open it in Windows Notepad or any other text editing tool.
- In the setting "ApplicationDataFolder", set the "Value" attribute to the new folder path. The settings node will then look something like this: <add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="\\server.domain.local\my-share\ManagementService"/>
- Save and close the .config file.
- To be sure that the change applies, rename the old folder %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService to something else, for example %ProgramData%\QlikTech\moved-ManagementService.
- Start the QlikView Management Service via the Windows Services console.
Note: This will move the QMS logs, the Publisher LEF file and all other settings that belong to QMS as well.