Enabling Extended Error logging can sometimes be useful when troubleshooting connectivity issues in QlikView Desktop or the Internet Explorer plugin towards a QlikView Server.
This can be done in two ways as described below
From within QlikView Desktop or the IE-plugin
- Open a QlikView document hosted on a QlikView Server
- Go to Help menu -> About QlikView...
- Right-click the V in the left corner
- Find "ExtendedErrorLoggingMode"
- Set the value to 1
- Press Set and Close
- Restart QlikView Desktop or Internet Explorer if using the plugin
- Open a QlikView document hosted on a QlikView Server to generate the log file.
If you cannot connect to any QlikView Server, logging can also be enabled in the following way, using the settings.ini file
- Close any running instances of QlikView Desktop and the Internet Explorer Plugin
- Locate the file settings.ini in %Users%\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Qliktech\QlikView
- Edit settings.ini and In the section labeled [Settings 7] add the following line to turn the logging on:
- (To turn the logging off change it to: ExtendedErrorLoggingMode=0)
- Save the file
- Open a QlikView document hosted on a QlikView Server to generate the log file
The logfile created is called QlikViewError.log and can be found in %Users%\<User>\Documents
Please note: if you need to set his up to troubleshoot NPrinting QVP connections, ensure that the settings changes are done for the user running the NPrinting services.