If a Qlik Sense Server or Desktop installation is cancelled or if it did not complete successfully, detailed information can be found in the installation log file within the temp folder.Environment:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, all versions
- Qlik Sense Desktop, all versions
In order to access the Qlik Sense installation log file:
The primary log file will be joined by multiple log files for each sub component.
- Right click on the Windows button
- Click on Run
- Paste %temp%
- For Qlik Sense Desktop: This should open a File Explorer window and the Installation log file should be named, for example, Qlik_Sense_Desktop_version.log, where "version" is the numerical version of the product being installed.
- For Qlik Sense Enterprise server: That should open File Explorer under the ...\temp\2 folder. If so, review the recent files and also move up one level (e.g. \temp\) which is usually where the Qlik Sense server installation logs are found.
The installation files use the following name formats:PRODUCT_VERSION_DATETIMESTAMP.log
More information on how to troubleshoot can be found in How to read the installation logs for Qlik products
and within the Troubleshooting section
of our Help site.