The following steps are for an example test Multi-Cloud App distribution setup in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows (QSEoW) where applications are distributed to Cloud Hub on Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services (QSEoCS) or on Kubernetes (QSEoK).
Starting on the April 2020 release and newer, re-distributions of apps have persistent Cloud Hub Space assignment. Meaning once an App is assigned to a Space by a tenant admin, it will remain assigned to that specific Space after the app is reloaded or edited, then re-distributed to the Cloud Hub(s).
- Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows (QSEoW), April 2020
- Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes (QSEoK), April 2020
- Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services (QSEoCS), April 2020
These steps assumes that the Multi-Cloud Deployment configuration was already performed via Multi-Cloud Setup Console (MSC) and confirmed to be operational. For more information see the "Related Content
" section below.
In order to distribute apps a Distribution Policy
needs to be created. The items below illustrates the main configuration points as outlined under Creating a distribution policy.
1. The Custom Property deployments
with example values that should match the configured Multi-Cloud Deployment names:
2. The Distribution Policy that distributes solely based on Multi-Cloud Deployment name matching. The destination Multi-Cloud Deployment name variable is referenced in the policy as the subject.name.
The custom property deployments
value(s) assigned to the App is referenced as resource.@deployments.
3. Custom property deployments
example value assigned to the app via Qlik Management Console (QMC).
4. Multi-Cloud Deployment name(s) configured in the MSC need to match the assigned deployments
MSC is accessed via https://<QS hostname>/api/msc/deployments
5. Once the app is re-published or the custom property value(s) for deployment
associated with the app is changed and saved, the app is distributed and visualized in the cloud tenant Management Console > Apps
. If the app is being re-distributed it will be re-distributed to the Space
it was originally assigned to by the tenant admin. If the custom property deployments
value is removed from the app and saved, the app is removed from the Cloud Hub.
6. It is important to note that the configured QSEoW Custom Property collections
maps to Tags
in QSEoCS / QSEoK. So if Tags are needed to help manage apps in Cloud Hub, also have a value of the collections
custom property associated with the app. This can be performed via QMC as seen on item 3. above or via Hub by right-clicking the app to be published > Manage properties
. The destination Cloud Hub (deployments
property value) can also be specified via Hub. Note that by removing the associated value for deployments
custom property removes the app from QSEoCS / QSEoK.
7. Tags assigned to the app can be seen in the App's Details information in Cloud Hub > Explore > ... > Details
8. Application distribution logs can be found in the directory C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log.
For details see Multi-Cloud deployment logs and how to change logging level