After installed/upgrade Qlik Sense 3.0.0, facing situation:
Qlik Sense Desktop not working and get error message
- The service did not respond or could not process the request
Qlik Sense Hub can't open and get error message:
- The load balancing module did not...following app:_hub
- No engine service is available for the following app:app:_hub
The issue is caused by node services is not listening on IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
The scenario could possible happen when:
- The client machine has no Internet connection
- The client machine switched between LAN (cable) and WIFI (wireless) connection
This is a known defect QLIK-58979, and has been fixed in Qlik Sense 3.0.1
Possible resolution for this issue unrelated to the bug:
- Perform a "netstat -ano" from the command line and see if Ports 4900 & 9028 are 'Listening'.
if not, set an inbound rule and open them in the operating system firewall.
- ref: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-Deployment-Ports.htm
If that does not work, please continue ...
Possible workaround to resolve this:
- Enable Internet connection
- Check if IPv6 set as preferred connection, change it to IPv4
If after upgraded 3.0.1 still facing the problem, try to:
- In QlikSense 3.0.1 in a multi node environment the service QlikSense Dispatcher is listening on the port TCP 4900 on the central node. This problem can occurs when this port is blocked from the RIM Node to the central node.
- Restart Qlik Sense dispatcher service
- Use - ipconfig /release to refresh the IP on the machine (if using DHCP)
- Make sure all latest Windows update are installed (The issue may be caused by a Windows defect existing in a patch from Microsoft. The defect has been fixed by Microsoft already.)
- Make sure that TLS 1.0 is enabled in the Windows registry even if you are using TLS 1.2 (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn786418(v=ws.11).aspx#BKMK_SchannelTR_TLS10). Another defect in the product (QLIK-53914 - fixed in 3.2) prevents the Proxy service to work correctly if TLS 1.0 is disabled.
- Restart the machine