The following errors may be experienced when accessing the Qlik Sense Hub:
An error occurred Connection lost
Connection to the Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons
Log files may show:
500 Internal error: unable to route websockets request to the following URL, wss://SERVERNAME/PROXY/sense/apps
Refreshing the page does not resolve the issue.
This is a general connectivity / websocket related error. It can have a variety of root causes.
If the information provided in this article is insufficient to assist in troubleshooting the problem, visit our active Community
Web socket not supported in the environment
Qlik Sense requires WebSockets to be enabled. Some firewall or proxy configurations do not allow WebSockets.
Verify if this technology is enabled by navigating to https://websocketstest.com/
from an affected client.
The result should look like this:
The address being used when accessing Qlik Sense Hub must be added to the Host White List in the proxy.
To add an address to the White List, perform the following steps:
- In Qlik Management Console, go to CONFIGURE SYSTEM -> Virtual Proxies
- Select the proxy and click Edit
- Select Advanced in Properties list on the right pane
- Scroll to Advanced section in the middle pane
- Locate "Host white list"
- Click "Add new value" and add the addresses being used when connecting to the Qlik Sense Hub from a client
NOTE: An entire domain can be white listed by adding company.com into the white list. This will white list all other addresses within that domain, such as myqlikserver1.company.com, myqlikserver2.company.com, etc.
- IP address: 192.168.0.10
- FQN: myqlikserver.company.com
- (Third party web-portals being used to re-direct users to the Hub)
For assistance in troubleshooting issues with Qlike Sense Hub connectivity and much more, join Qlik community; Connect and learn from over 60.000 active users, find answers, and discover best practices and tips and tricks.