Qlik ODBC connector package (database connector built-in Qlik Sense) fails to reload with error Connector reply error: Executing non-SELECT queries is disabled. Please contact your system administrator to enable it.
The issue is observed when the query following SQL keyword is not SELECT, but another statement like INSERT, UPDATE, WITH .. AS or stored procedure call.
See the Qlik Sense February 2019 Release Notes for details on item QVXODBC-1406.
By default, non-SELECT queries are disabled in the Qlik ODBC Connector Package and users will get an error message indicating this if the query is present in the load script. In order to enable non-SELECT queries, allow-nonselect-queries setting should be set to True by the Qlik administrator.
To enable non-SELECT queries:
1. Modify the QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe.config
found in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage
Set the parameter allow-nonselect-queries
(Note: This is case sensitive. true will not work
In a multi node environment, the changes need to be applied to all nodes.
CONFIG file QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe.config located at:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage
- Qlik Sense Desktop: C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Local\Programs\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage
- QlikView: C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage
2. Add keyword !EXECUTE_NON_SELECT_QUERY
at the end of the query. This step is only needed to run SQL statements without any data table returned (INSERT/ UPDATE/ DELETE/ DROP
). Other queries that return data (such as WITH ... AS
in PostgreSQL) does not need this keyword.
3. No service restarts should be required.
More details are documented in the Qlik ODBC Connector package help site.
Should the above not help, our active Community is ready to help further.