Configurable ODBC: A PrimerArticle Number: 000003068 | Last Modified: 2019/04/04
The attached document is available in the support portal for logged on user. To access it, please log in.
Please be aware that this document is not supported and meant only as a guide. Individual environments may require adjustments for things to work correctly. Please contact QlikView Expert Services for further assistance with specific configurations.
This document outlines the steps needed to set up a simple Configurable ODBC DSP in QlikView's Directory Service Connector using either Mircrosoft SQL Server, Excel or Oracle workbook as the data source.
- QlikView Server all versions
Please note, it does not go into setting up an interface to authenticate users or any additional coding that may be required.
Also, when configuring the DSP Settings, keep in mind "Data source name" refers to the "Data source's driver name". This has been registered as a defect. (Bug ID QV-17173)
- What tables and fields are required
- Creation of the ODBC System DSN
- Configuration of the Configurable ODBC DSP
- Configuration of the Qlikview Web Server, with respect to use of the Configurable ODBC DSP
- Configuration of the QlikView Server, with respect to use of the Configurable ODBC DSP
- Testing the connection via the QlikView Management Console and utilizing Fiddler
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.