Warring (error message) in browsers when accessing Qlik Sense HUB or QMC
Ex: your connection is not private, this site is not secure, this is not secure, ...Environement:
Qlik Sense All versions
This message is a warning made by Windows/browsers, to say that the SSL Certificate used to encrypt the communication between the browser and Qlik Sense isn't trusted by the domaine and/or Microsoft, which doesn't mean the communication is at risk.
There is 2 ways to get rid of the messages:
1. Ask your domain admin to add it in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities:
Add the certificate to the domain (windows server 2008, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Select Start > Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management.
- Expand your domain, right-click Default Domain Policy, and click Edit.
- Expand the Computer Configuration section and open Windows Settings\Security Settings\Public Key.
- Right-click Trusted Root Certification Authorities and select Import.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to import the root certificate (for example, rootCA.cer) and click OK.
- Close the Group Policy window.
It usually can be bypassed (unless domain policies states otherwise), there is an option to do so, further down in the window (may need to clic on a bouton (more info, advance, details,...) to make it apear)
2. You can buy a third party certificate from a certification authority trusted by Microsoft (GoDaddy, Verysign) see in its website to see the list, and replace
the Qlik Sense self signed one. Compatibility information for third-party SSL certificates