When importing users from Active Directory into NPrinting, we recommend to use a tool called LDAP Admin to be able to test the LDAP filter to select the specific users who belong to a certain group. Once the filter is tested in LDAP Admin, the filter can be added into NPrinting and the users can be imported.
LDAP Admin can be downloaded at: http://www.ldapadmin.org/download/ldapadmin.html
In NPrinting when creating an Active Directory import task, please make sure that the following points are followed
- All the entry attributes and attribute values fields are entered and have values
- The connector is an LDAP connector, hence there is no "real" default value, the User identification is set to inetOrgPerson as the default value.
- In Active Directory, Groups will be imported, not matched. However, Roles will be matched.
- Depending on the structure of your Active Directory, the only value that should be changed to perform a full import of LDAP should be the User identification value in the entry attributes section of the import task, it should be changed from inetOrgPerson to user or person.
- Depending on the filters that are used, under 'Advanced' The user filters, group filters and role filters will need to be updated
- Make sure that he users have email addresses to avoid getting system warnings
Please refer to the screenshots below:
The only attribute that should need to be specified different is the "User identification" that should be set to "user"