Qlik Sense Security Rule Example: Grant Duplicate to Non-OwnerArticle Number: 000060002 | Last Modified: 2019/01/24
Here is an example to allow a certain non-Owner user duplicating Apps.
We in Qlik Support have virtually no scope when it comes to debugging or writing custom security rules for customers. That level of implementation advice needs to be handled by the folks in Professional Services or Presales. That being said, this example is provided for demonstration purposes to explain a specific scenario. No Support or maintenance is implied or provided. Further customization is expected to be necessary and it is the responsibility of the end administrator to test and implement an appropriate rule for their specific use case.
- Name: _AllowNonOwnerDuplicate
- Description / Explanation: This rule will grant DUPLICATE right to an application based on the inherited Read rights provided elsewhere. Update rights to an app are necessary to see the Data Load Editor Option
- Filter(s): App_*
- Action(s): Duplicate
- Conditions: resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.Stream.HasPrivilege("read") and (user.name="User2")
- Note: In this example we are using a statically defined user.name value. In a realistic scenario you would want to have a more robust user selection criteria (e.g. user.group="BI Developers" if there is group membership which selects the specific users which you want to target).
- Note2: The exact form of this condition is highly depending on how a user is allowed to view the App. In this example, there is a separate Security Rule to specifically grants "Read" privilege to of this App's Stream to "User2". This is to make sure condition "resource.Stream.HasPrivilege("read")" will return true. In the realistic scenario this whole condition may need significant modification in order to fit the actual scenario.
- There is an App called "12345" owned by "User1". User2 is not allowed to duplicate it.
- (T = Duplicate)
- Create the rule, then T is enabled for User2:
- Verify User2 can duplicate 12345 now.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.