Centralized logging has been introduced since Qlik Sense September 2017 release
The article explains how to enable/disable Centralize logging mode when the logging database has already been set up during the installation, as well as how to remove the currently filled up database.
If the database has not yet been created/setup see How to set up the Qlik Sense Logging ServiceEnvironment:
- Qlik Sense September 2017 and later
1. Verify Centralized Logging mode
( Please see relevant article: How To Verify if Qlik Sense Is Running With Centralized Logging Service
- Open CMD.exe as Administrator
- Go to Logging folder: cd C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Logging
- Execute the following: Qlik.Logging.Service.exe validate
- Verify CentralizedLoggingEnabled: True or False
2. Enable Centralized Logging mode
Execute the following command: cd C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Logging Qlik.Logging.Service.exe update -d on
3. Disable Central logging mode
Execute the following command:cd C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Logging Qlik.Logging.Service.exe update -d off
4. Optional step to disable / reduce the Qlik Sense logging database
See this article for details: Qlik Sense: Steps to reduce Excessive HDD space occupied by PostgreSQL.