NPrinting 17+ SMB Small Business Edition License rulesArticle Number: 000058910 | Last Modified: 2019/05/27
- We are having unexpected reporting behavior after upgrading from NPrinting 18 April (or lesser) release
- What are the rules of engagement with NPrinting SMB license?
- What are some scenarios for applying role permissions with this license?
- Can we create an NPrinting administrator user role that does not consume a developer license?
Keep in mind:
- Violating the SMB license will result NPrinting not working
- Newer versions of NPrinting 18 and higher do not allow additional developers to be added. A license violation will appear in the licensing console. Check the licensing console to determine if you are in violation of the license via the link below.
- For SMB license details for NPrinting 17/18 or higher, see attached license pdf document
See possible working scenarios below:
- SMB license: A single NPrinting administrator comes with your SMB license and does not count as a developer license. Therefore, any combination of additional Administrators or Developers equally "3" is the maximum allowable under the NPrinting SMB license
For example here are 3 possible scenarios:
- 1 Administrator
- 2 Developers
- 2 Administrators
- 1 Developer
- 3 Administrators
- 0 Developers
Pay careful attention when creating additional roles:
- if you create a role that uses the following attributes and add users to this role, this too will count as a developer and may cause your system to stop functioning if you exceed the maximum allowable number of developer licenses.
- all actions
- edit template
- If more users are needed to complete NP administrative tasks (e.g. manage Users, manage Settings) create a custom NPrinting Administrator role with the needed permissions and that does not have all actions nor edit template enabled and assign that custom role to the users.
NOTE: If you are continually finding a shortage of NP developer licenses, we recommend contacting your Qlik Account manager and upgrading to a full Standard Enterprise license which allows the NPrinting role assignment of unlimited developers and administrators
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.