The benchmark application replicates the steps NPrinting follows to import images form Qlik Sense. It can be used to import many copies of the same image quickly and verify if there is any problems during the process.
This must be used any time a report generation fails with "CEF rendering" error messages in the NPrinting Engine log files.
The benchmark creates specific log files in the NPrinting log folder and saves the imported images in C:\tmp.Environment
- NPrinting 18 April release and higher
CEF rendering errors became quite common and the logs are not detailed enough to understand the cause of the problem.
The test described here gives useful information to troubleshoot the problem.
Here are the steps to configure the Benchmark:
1. Download the zip file corresponding to your NPrinting version from dropbox:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urbkqmv3mia5wff/AADCW8IyjvQJVIYKHTN2pJkIa?dl=0
and extract it in C:\Benchmark\
on the machine where NPrinting Engine is installed.
If your NPrinting release is not listed, you can download the zip file corresponding to the latest release available.
2. Open the Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.Benchmarks.exe.config file in C:\Benchmark\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.Benchmarks with a text editor program.3. It is necessary to re-configure the connection to Qlik Sense. Follow these steps:
<add key="bench-user-identity" value="domain\UserName" />
- In <!-- Sense user identity -->
Add the user domain and name as it is in the NPrinting connection
<add key="bench-proxy-url" value="https://qlikserverName" />
Add the Qlik Sense Server Proxy address as it is in the NPrinting connection.
<add key="bench-app-name" value="PxP training Executive Dashboard" />
- In <!-- Sense app name -->
Add the Sense app name (not the app ID).
<add key="bench-obj-ids" value="OjectID" />
- In <!-- Sense object ids to print in the app, each navigator will render in the specified sequence the ids -->
Add the ID of the image that you are importing in the report. The image ID can be seen in the NPrinting template.
<add key="bench-request-number" value="10" />
- In <!-- number of NPrinting printing identical cloned request per navigator process call -->
Specify how many times the image must be imported. For troubleshooting purposes 10 can be considered as the minimum.
4. Stop the NPrinting Engine and the NPrinting Scheduler services.
5. Double click on the Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.Benchmarks.exe to start the application.
Collect the logs in the NPrinting logs folder and check if the images are generated in C:\tmp.
Verify that all the images are there and how is the image quality.