When attempting to generate On Demand reports in the QlikView Accesspoint installed on IIS, the Error "No connection to NPrinting server" appears and so NPrinting reports cannot be generated.
1. The QlikView server was not added as a Trusted Origin
2. Either the QlikView or NPrinting or both servers are using certificates for secure access but this was not recognized when installing the On Demand components. To resolve this see point 2 in the resolution section.
- End users must then use the fully qualified path to the QlikView server, in this case, to use On Demand without error.
Do one or all of the following as needed:
1. Check to ensure that the QlikView Server Access Point path is added as a trusted origin in the On Demand settings on the NPrinting server.
For example: http://qlikserver1
- All users must use this trusted origin to access the QV access point server in order to successfully generate On Demand reports
2. If using certificates to secure the NP server, the QV server or both:
a. Ensure that the fully qualified path to the access point is added as a trusted origin in the On Demand settings on the NPrinting server.
http://qlikserver1.qlik.com or if secured use https://qlikserver1.qlik.com and not http://qlikserver1
- All users must use this fully qualified path trusted origin to access the QV access point server in order to successfully generate On Demand reports
b. Modify the config.json file on the QlikView Server for the NPrinting On Demand components so that the NP server path uses a fully qualified path is used
Within the config.json file found in the folder path below, you will likely find the NPrinting server address:
Change this to match your QlikView server fully qualified path by appending .qlik.com
For example the updated NPrinting server address will appear in the following format:
You will find the config.json file in the following path wherever you installed the NP On Demand components (either the QVWS access point or the QV IIS Access Point)
NOTE: The steps in point 2 will ensure that certificate communication between the NPrinting and QlikView servers works as expected. It ensures that the NPrinting Server can fully communicate with the QlikView server via the underlying trusted root certificate. In the example above, the trusted root certificate is Qlik.com. (trusted root certificates should be issued by the same CA authority on both the QlikView and NPrinting server).
The issue in Point 2 resolution above can be validated by enabling your web browser developer tools.
- Enable browser developer tools on the QlikView Access point for the On Demand Qlik document
- Press the On Demand button
- A red 'x' will appear in the developer tools panel.
- Click on the red 'x' to find the error: "invalid certificate"
- If you do not see this error then the issue may be the result of a different issue such as missing entry in the On Demand settings/Trusted Origins
3. After performing either step 1 or step 2 above, please stop then start the NPrinting Web Engine service.
4. Close then reopen the web browser and navigate to the QlikView Access Point server
5. Select the document that contains your On Demand report and click the On Demand Button.
6. Error should be resolved as a list of available reports should appear.