Dispatcher dotnet.exe Exception code: 0xe0434352
Article Number: 000057351 | Last Modified: 2020/02/14
After upgrading from Qlik Sense April 2018 or previous versions to Qlik Sense September 2018 or later versions on some environments you could face some crashes of the .Net Core 2 Runtime present in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\ServiceDispatcher\dotnet\dotnet.exe
May also have the symptom described under Folder %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA filled up with hundreds of small files Environment:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise September 2018
Related to the QlikClient Certificate not able to be used by the new Hybrid Services. May happen when upgrading from Qlik Sense April 2018 or previous versions to Qlik Sense September 2018 and later versions.
If you are using Qlik Sense Enterprise for Elastic and you do not use the Hybrid services you could as a temporary workaround disable these services.
How to :
1) Plan for a stop of the environment (about 30 min and less )
2) Stop all Qlik Services .
3) Make a backup of C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\ServiceDispatcher\services.conf , and place it somewhere outside the folder
4) Edit the above file and search for all sections [nameof the service] that contains the ExePath=dotnet\dotnet.exe these are :
[hybriddeploymentservice] , [appdistributionservice] , [entitlementprovisioningservice]
5) add a row with Disabled=true ex:
DisplayName=Hybrid Deployment Service
6) Save the file , pay attention when saving not to change the extension in .txt ( could happen with notepad )
7) Start Qlik Sense services starting with Qlik Sense DataBase , Qlik Sense Repository Service , Qlik Sense Dispatcher , and the remaining Services .
8) check in Events Viewer if there are still crashes for the .Net Framework.
Collect Windows Application , System, Security Events ; collect the Installation logs present in c:\Users\[users that upgraded/installed September 2018 ]\AppData\Local\temp ; the installation logs are named
Qlik_Sense_September_2018_[Timestamp]_[3 numbers]_[Component].log open a case on Support Portal referring the crash on .Net Core Runtime .
In case you upgrade the license to Elastic Cloud that needs these services notify the consulting team that the above services are disabled .