How to Resolve the Report Warning "You must generate the cache for the app..." and the "Edit" button is missingArticle Number: 000056301 | Last Modified: 2019/09/23
Summary of the issue:
- When attempting to edit an existing report but I am met with the following warning when accessing the NPrinting report from the NPrinting Web Console and the "Edit" report button is missing: "You must generate the cache for the app..."
- You may see a similar error when attempting to create an NPrinting 'condition'
- NPrinting Server: All versions 17 +
- All connections within an NPrinting App must be in a "Generated" cache status in order to ensure all reports will function normally. Any NP connections within the NP App that have an 'error' status or have not completed a successful generation will cause this issue.
- repair repair any erring connection that have not been generated for a specific NPrinting App.
- the cache status for all connections within an app must show "Generated"
- for any unnecessary connections like test connections or duplicate connections that are not needed for reporting purposes, you should ideally remove/delete these connections.
Once all the connections for a specific NPrinting app are "Generated", refresh the Reports and the Report window and you will now see the 'Edit' report button appear as expected.
- Deleting any valid or erring connection will result in the failure of any reports, report tasks etc associated with this connection. Do NOT delete unless you are only using this as a test connection or if you are absolutely certain that this connection has no useful for production reports associated to it.
- It is not possible to restore a deleted connection and connection associations to existing reports or report tasks.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.