Decimal could be removed when extracting data from SAP to QlikView. This issue occurs in Qlik SAP Connector ver 6.6 or 7.0.
The reason is that in SAP-Systems, they started to use the value ‘Y’
(for decimal notation comma) in a user data table where the decimal notation is stored.
Earlier, they were normally using the value ‘ ‘ (space)
for decimal notation comma.
Qlik SAP Connector ver 6.6 & 7.0
To solve the issue in your current version 6.6 (or 7.0), please follow one of the 2 options below:Observations/Issue origin:
After investigations, the SAP Connector Developer found out that in SAP basis systems, there are three possible ways of setting up decimal notation for an SAP user:
- 1 234 567,89
==== > Thus, if a user has chosen the decimal notation 1 234 567,89
this error can occur.Workaround:
- Option 1: To resolve the error, the user can change to one of the other two decimal notations above.
- Option 2: use attached Patch 'SAP patch for decimal problem.zip'
The patch can be used if the original SAP transport for connector release 6.6 or 7.0 is already imported.
- Extract the transport files for transport E66K900144 from attached package 'SAP patch for decimal problem.zip'.
- Put the files in the correct folders on the SAP system server.
- Import the transport into the base client of the SAP system
A fix will be available in next release of "Qlik SAP Connector ver 7.0.1".