General Troubleshooting: When using an app in the Hub, the message "Connection to Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons" is displayedArticle Number: 000055331 | Last Modified: 2019/07/18
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, any version
- Locate the virtual proxy you are using to access the hub (https://your-server/your-vp/hub) in the QMC (if it is just https://your-server/hub, then you are using the Default virtual proxy)
- Under Advanced is "Extended Security Environment checked?
- If YES, then this may be expected behavior. When "Extended Security Environment" is checked, an user can only access Qlik Sense with ONE device. Verify with your administrator if there is a 3rd-party tool which is logging on as this user, as this would kick the user out of their session.
- If NO, then:
- Verify the whitelist settings permit your domain (maybe https://some-other-server/hub) to access the hub: Hub Error: Connection to Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons
- Verify if you get this same problem on the server locally (not through a proxy; if you only get this issue through the proxy then your proxy doesn't permit websocket connections)
- Verify that general service connectivity between Qlik Sense services is OK. Issues that can prevent service communication include ports not available (see list of ports), or certificates corrupted (see How to recreate or just delete certificates in Qlik Sense on how to recreate certificates).
- Check the Knowledgebase for an article further narrowing down your symptoms to a specific issue/product defect. Examples include:
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.