What does the NPrinting error "Exceeded maximum number of retries" mean?Article Number: 000054277 | Last Modified: 2020/04/22
- Qlik NPrinting Server 17 and higher
- Qlik Sense Enterprise all versions
- QlikView all versions
- The QlikView Desktop installed on the NPrinting server is not the same version as the QlikView server that NPrinting is connecting to
- This is also very generic error that generally means that NPprinting tried to do something a number of times, and failed after that number of attempts. It could be caused by any number of issues.
- As an example, when previewing the report using NPrinting Designer, the user may see "Error The preview request failed with message: Exceeded maximum number of retries". More information can be found in the NPrinting Engine and Scheduler logs about the error at the specific timestamp which may help identifying the cause. For this behavior however, NPrinting is almost certainly having trouble with the specific(s) template objects added to the report which can be related to permissions to Export data from such objects,Qlik Sense unsupported objects or QlikView unsupported objects, or access the specific apps. To test the export in Qlik Sense for example, see How to identify an object in a Qlik Sense app by object id.
- The QlikView Desktop installed on the NPrinting server must be the same version as the QlikView server that NPrinting is connecting to
- Otherwise if point one is correctly configured, look at the context of the error for clues as to what the root cause might be. Are there errors in the Sense or QlikView logs, failing reports, etc?
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.