How to move the QlikView Management Service to a new server
Article Number: 000053034 | Last Modified: 2018/07/03
This article will lay out the steps necessary to successfully migrate the QMS service to a new server.
Steps to move the QMS service to a new server:
- In the QlikView Management Console (QMC), go to System\Setup\Management Service\Repository tab and click the Backup Now button to take a current backup of the QVPR files
- Stop the QMS service on the old server at this point
- Start the QMS service on the new server to create the ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService folder, then stop the service
- Rename the QVPR folder and qvpr_server.ini file that was created by the starting of the service
- Restore the QVPR backup zip file to the ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR folder
- Copy the Publisher LEF folder and Reginfo.txt file from the old server if Publisher is licensed in the environment
- If Distribution groups were created as well, be sure you check the template file on the new QMS server and ensure everything is configured on the new server as it was on the old server
- Check if any security groups other than the QlikView Administrators group need to be created, if making QMS API calls, the QlikView Management API security group will need to be created and if EDX trigger calls are being made by users etc., the QlikView EDX security group
- Start the QMS service and check the QMC to ensure all tasks are present and services are showing as running on the correct servers.